Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's all coming together ...

Well, the third week of my course is coming to an end. Throughout this week our group had to individually recreate a movie poster with at least two other individuals included in the poster. The poster that I ended up creating was for "Oceans 14".

The theme of the poster came from their signature black, white & red colorway throughout the whole poster. Oceans 13 was the last movie that came out in the series, so I decided to go along with creating a next film to go along with the trilogy that they have already. The poster was created to look exactlly like the Oceans 12 poster.

I created everything from scratch, starting from the background layer font of the number 14. I was not able to make out any fonts that can match the font on the original. I went with a helvetica font for the 4, But the 1 was from an apple based font.

I recruited some individuals in other groups of my course to help me recreate the images of the actual people walking across the poster. We went from taking loads of photos so I can get an acurate top body shot, I then went onto Photoshop and worked on every individual to create the same effect that the original poster had. The drop shadows were also created to give a feel of camera depth an light depth.

The top of the original poster actually had the featured actors from the film, so I went with the same concept and added two main actors from the original film, then added all the individuals that were created on the poster, and even threw on an extra character at the end of the featurette names.

Overall, The piece was a great success! Executed to look like an actual Movie poster but recreated with my style, while learning a couple new techniques here and there.

I'm out of the city for the weekend, so I will post an image of the original poster I used as a template and also post the image of the poster that was created.

No comments:

Post a Comment