Saturday, July 11, 2009

Stepping Stones ...

This is the second post of this blogging adventure. Well throughout the week, we've been working on this project of designing a poster for a travel agency. We basically had to create a 16"X20" poster with a 150 DPI on some place we would like to visit or have visited already. We had the opportunity to bring any photos that we have, if we have visited the place already. The main focus of the piece was on the message and also the visual hierarchy.

The poster that I created was on the lovely city of Rome. The selection of this city came to mind after I had already made several random posters of different places. Rome was were I was supposed to go on my honeymoon but then my newly wedded adventure got diverted to the South America's and the Caribbean. I took the pleasure of creating a poster of what should have been visited if my honeymoon were to be at Rome.

I added images of the Pantheon, the Colosseum, the Vatican City, and also an image from the Sistine Chapel. Lets go with a visual on what was on the layout.

The visual hierarchy was very well executed. I placed the background with a Black color to give it the more romantic and night time feeling. The Pantheon was placed on the bottom right hand corner of the poster, with an angled image of the Colosseum behind the Pantheon on the left corner. The Image of the Vatican City was placed on top of both of the two images on the mid-right side of the poster to give it a more collage feel to it. The image from the Sistine Chapel was set contrasting to the three towards the middle, I actually turned the opacity down to about 25% to give it a faded look. I didn't want to clutter the poster too much with 4 strong images, so I offset the Sistine Chapel Image just a tad bit.

A Serif font was used for the overall information on the poster, which was all placed above all of the images on the top left hand corner. "When In Rome" was the poster title with a yellowish tint to reflect the buildings light effect. "For Travel Information ( next line ) Visit Us At TravelRome.com" was placed under the title with a light grey tone to reflect the actual building color.

Overall, the piece was a success! It was very well executed with a strong approach towards the avid travel goers with a visual feel on what you can visit while your stay at Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment