Thursday, September 10, 2009

3D Experience

Alright, Let's see... The next two month's we will be going over anything that has to deal with 3D design. We are working in a 3D environmental program made by Maxon called Cinema 4D.

Well, a couple designs were already created using this magnificent program, but enough with the small talk. let's go with the details of modeling within a 3D environment. Creating models using primitive objects could be quite a task at times, so we learned how to create objects utilizing splines and NERBS. After creating a few primitive objects and adding deformations, I kinda got a little bored with that so ... Once I started using Splines and NURBS, it was my world. I was able to create ANYTHING. It's not even just creating the Model, it also goes a little in deep depth of lighting and camera angles.

Thus far, messing around in a 3D environment it has been very fun just messing around with stuff here and there, creating things from scratch or from a base point. Up until now I've only created 2 Models, and currently in the process of creating an organic object and bringing it to life in a 3D environment. I will post the 3 finished products as soon as the 3rd Model is completed.

But this is the beginning of my experience with working with 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment